Love food, hate waste campaign with celebrity chef Willie Harcourt-Cooze in Bickleigh, Devon
Celebrity chef Willie Harcourt-Cooze joined Mid-Devon District Council to promote the message ‘love food hate waste’ at Bickleigh Primary School this week (from a press release).
Willie’s message to the pupils of classes 2 and 4 was to “Plan it, don’t waste it”. Willie, who is famed for his world-class Venezuelan cocao, demonstrated his recipe for bread and butter pudding.
Willie’s top tips for eating well and wasting less are:
• Plan your weekly meals
• Plan your recipes
• Use a shopping list and only buy what is on it
• Only cook the amount of food that you know you are going to eat
• Freeze leftovers for future recipes
Latest posts by the Devon Week (see all)
- Devon car-lover Alex Morris restoring rare 1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto for eBay Car Challenge 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Greenway gardeners win again at the RHS Flower Show - May 5, 2017
- Devon-born entrepreneur, Dan Yates, celebrates as outdoor accommodation company, Pitchup.com, is included in The Leap 100, 2017 - May 5, 2017