Seaside resorts get free Sunday parking
Teignmouth and Dawlish have joined the rest of Teignbridge car parks in being free on Sundays.
Teignbridge-owned car parks in the two seaside resorts have re-joined the successful scheme which sees all 35 of the council’s car parks free of any charges on a Sunday.
The free parking scheme is aimed at boosting local trade and cutting costs to motorists.
Sundays are free of charge throughout the year for all urban and rural parts of the district. Charges apply through the summer months in Teignmouth and Dawlish.
Now the peak season is over, the two resorts have been put back into the free scheme to encourage more local people and visitors during the quieter months.
Since the scheme was launched in July 2011 it has been welcomed by residents, visitors and traders.
Free Sunday parking applies in all 35 of Teignbridge Council’s charged car parks which are open on a Sunday. A further 26 across the district offer free parking all of the time. It does not apply to on-street spaces which are operated separately by Devon County Council.
Notices are on the pay and display machines in all the car parks telling motorists that it is free on Sundays from now on.
Town and resort car parks that are part of the scheme are:
• Kingsbridge Lane, Ashburton
• The Globe, Buckfastleigh
• Station Road, Buckfastleigh
• Victoria Woodholme, Buckfastleigh
• Mardle Way, Buckfastleigh
• Town Hall, Chudleigh
• Station Road, Bovey Tracey
• Mary Street, Bovey Tracey
• Methodist Church, Bovey Tracey
• Gestridge Road, Kingsteignton
• Decoy, Newton Abbot
• Widecombe car park
• Court Street , Moretonhampstead
• Station Road Moretonhampstead
• Labrador Bay, Shaldon
• The Strand, Starcross
Newton Abbot Town Car Parks
• Multi Storey
• Cricketfield Road
• Halcyon Road
• Cattle Market
• Wolborough Way
• Newfoundland Way
• Venture Court
• Osborne Street
• The Ness, Shaldon
• King George V, Shaldon
• The Point, Teignmouth
• Lower Point, Teignmouth
• Quay Road, Teignmouth
• CO-OP, Brook Street, Teignmouth
• Teign Street, Teignmouth
• Brunswick Street, Teignmouth
• Eastcliff, (Beach), Teignmouth
• Polly Steps, Teignmouth
• Barton Hill, Dawlish
• The Strand, Dawlish
• Sandy Lane, Dawlish
• Inner Car Park, Dawlish Warren
• Outer Car Park, Dawlish Warren
(from a press release)
Latest posts by the Devon Week (see all)
- Devon car-lover Alex Morris restoring rare 1967 Alfa Romeo Duetto for eBay Car Challenge 2017 - May 26, 2017
- Greenway gardeners win again at the RHS Flower Show - May 5, 2017
- Devon-born entrepreneur, Dan Yates, celebrates as outdoor accommodation company, Pitchup.com, is included in The Leap 100, 2017 - May 5, 2017