MITIE announces strong first half of the year
MITIE, the strategic outsourcing company which delivers a range of services across the South West, has announced its results for the six months to 30 September 2013.
The FTSE 250 company employs in excess of 70,000 people across the United Kingdom and Europe, of which more than 7,000 are based in the South West.
The headline results reflect strong revenue and earnings growth, with revenues up 10.5% to £1,044.6m and operating profit before other items increasing by 13.3% to £62.3m.
MITIE works on many well-known contracts in the South West of England, including South West Water, O-Gen Plymtrek, The University of Exeter and Bristol airport.
In this period MITIE was awarded new contracts operating in the South West which include:
- A new five year £50m contract for engineering maintenance for a leading care provider
- A three year £38m contract to provide cleaning and waste services at 1,600 Mitchells & Butlers restaurants throughout the UK
- An initial £30m contract with Southampton City Council to deliver energy efficiency works to over 2,100 properties across Southampton, under the government’s Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation (ECO) schemes
- A new six year £4.5 contract with Raglan Housing to provide painting services to 5,000 properties across Southern England
- A three year multi-service contract to include cleaning, security, mechanical and electrical engineering, and pest control services across the University of Law’s eight campuses
Ruby McGregor-Smith, chief executive of MITIE Group PLC, said: “The first half of the year has seen strong operational and financial performance for MITIE. We continue to identify new opportunities with both existing and new clients in all of our key markets.
“The successful re-positioning of the business means we are in a stronger and better position than ever to deliver higher growth and maintain strong margins. We look ahead with confidence.”
(from a press release)
Latest posts by the Devon Week (see all)
- Hiatus: we’re taking a Brexit break - October 10, 2017
- The essence of boundaries explored in Vessel atBirdwood House Gallery, Totnes - September 12, 2017
- Grand designs contest to find best bijou bat box - September 12, 2017