Bay MP And Donna Air unite to support new Care2Save shopping website set to benefit hospices and charities in Torbay
Adrian Sanders MP showed his support at a Westminster event last week (Wednesday 10 December) for Care2Save.co.uk, the newly-launched shopping site that will help raise funds for charities across Torbay when people shop online .
Online spending over Christmas is predicted to reach an all time high of £13bn. If just 5 per cent of purchases are made through Care2Save.co.uk, £19.5m could be raised for good causes this festive season.
The briefing enabled MPs to learn how Care2Save.co.uk provides a new income stream for hospices and charities in the UK. Donna Air – actress, designer and supporter of Care2Save – was also at the event, having recently revealed that her grandfather is suffering from dementia and is being cared for in a hospice.
Care2Save is unique in the UK, as it is the only charity owned and run shopping website that gives 100% of the money that it makes through commission directly to the charity sector.
The site offers over 12 million products from over 2,000 UK-based high street retailers, making it a one-stop shop for Christmas shopping whilst giving commission from all purchases to charity – without costing the customer a penny. 80 per cent of the commission generated through each purchase goes to a registered charity of the shopper’s choice, and the remaining 20 per cent goes to the Care2Save Charitable Trust, which supports hospice and palliative care in the UK and globally.
This enables people to support their chosen charity this Christmas and each time they shop in the future. It also provides much-needed funds for the hospice sector: a service which most families will need at some point. There are more than 220 hospices in the UK, which collectively care for around 360,000 people each year.
Representatives from Care2Save, including the founders, were on hand at the briefing to explain how the website works and demonstrate how much money it could raise for charities this Christmas.
Commenting on the event, Adrian Sanders MP said, “It was great to attend the Care2Save event and to find out more about hospice care in Torbay. I am delighted to support care2save.co.uk and can’t believe how easy it makes it to raise funds for our local hospices – and in fact for all local charities this Christmas.”
Andrea Fragata Ladeira, CEO of Care2Save: “Hospice care will touch all of our lives at one point or another; whether for ourselves or those close to us. Together through Care2Save we have the opportunity to transform the hospice sector and to raise significant sums for other charities in the process.
“The support of MPs is vital, and we sincerely hope that the MPs who kindly joined us today and as many people as possible will now join us in making Care2Save.co.uk their shopping website of choice for Christmas and beyond.”
(from a press release)
Latest posts by the Devon Week (see all)
- Make Devon socks the must have gift this Christmas - November 16, 2017
- Two Fun Rubbish Clearance Activity Projects To Do With the Kids - October 19, 2017
- The essence of boundaries explored in Vessel atBirdwood House Gallery, Totnes - September 12, 2017