Celebrity chef Willie Harcourt-Cooze joined Mid-Devon District Council to promote the message ‘love food hate waste’ at Bickleigh Primary School this week (from a press release).
Willie’s message to the pupils of classes 2 and 4 was to “Plan it, don’t waste it”. Willie, who is famed for his world-class Venezuelan cocao, demonstrated his recipe for bread and butter pudding.
Willie’s top tips for eating well and wasting less are:
• Plan your weekly meals
• Plan your recipes
• Use a shopping list and only buy what is on it
• Only cook the amount of food that you know you are going to eat
• Freeze leftovers for future recipes
- Make it so | Government grants for South West science - October 17, 2020
- Crimestoppers hotline to spot signs of Covid fraud - October 17, 2020
- Premier Inn reveals Devon as top pinned holiday spot - October 17, 2020