The people of Dawlish have put more than 1,000 signatures down to fight the sale of the Manor House, and nearly half of the 260 people turned up to a Dawlish Town Council organised meeting were turned away because of insurance concerns – the room could only hold 140.
History of The Manor House, Dawlish
The Manor House was built in 1811, and it has nothing to do with a manor, it’s just the name of the house. In 1946 the Manor House was bought by the Dawlish Urban District Council. The building changed hands after the local government reorganisation of 1974, with new owner Teignbridge District Council letting out rooms. Dawlish Town Council bought the building back and it was reopened on May 18, 1980 and have used it for council meetings, the Town Clerks office ans as a community building. The people of Dawlish and visitors are still free to walk and sit in the Manor grounds.
- Giving blood still needed in all tiers - December 31, 2020
- Pop-up choir a blessing at Northam church’s Covid-safe Christmas Eve service - December 30, 2020
- Meet Bobby and Dizzy the donkeys at Springfield farm’s Christmas event - December 16, 2020