The total Devon MPs have been recommended to pay back is £23,195.32 for their excessive expenses claims. Leading the pack is Totnes MP Anthony Steen, with repayments of £11,000.
Steen’s spending included £39.39 for 23 plants; £117 for skip hire; £28.50 flagpole rope and binding; and £10,252.22 for gardening (between 2005 and 2008).
Here’s the repayment chart for Devon MPs:
- Anthony Steen (Con) Totnes : £11,211.75
- Richard Younger-Ross (Lib Dem) Newton Abbot: £3,181.09
- Gary Streeter (Con) South West Devon: £3,074.38
- Alison Seabeck (Lab) Plymouth Moor View: £2,406.65
- Linda Gilroy (Lab) Plymouth Sutton and Devonport: £1,842.45
- Hugo Swire (Con) East Devon: £788
- Adrian Sanders (Lib Dem) Torbay: £691
Hugo Swire, Alison Seabeck, Linda Gilroy, Adrian Sanders, Gary Streeter and Richard Younger-Ross have repaid. Read the full story on the BBC
- Giving blood still needed in all tiers - December 31, 2020
- Pop-up choir a blessing at Northam church’s Covid-safe Christmas Eve service - December 30, 2020
- Meet Bobby and Dizzy the donkeys at Springfield farm’s Christmas event - December 16, 2020