We’ve taken the top five stories from the People’s Republic of South Devon site for this week
1. Torquay’s Other History: Torquay in the Movies 2
A run down and round up of some of the movie antics that have been attracted by The Bay
2. Got that Monday feeling? Stress is the biggest workplace hazard
A new survey of safety representatives carried out by the TUC reveals that stress is the biggest concern for workers in the South West
3. Remembrance Day should be open to all, say Devon Humanists
Devon Humanists have written an open letter to the Bishop of Devon saying Remembrance Day should be open to all, not just those who are of a faith.
4. Inflation leaves over 55s on average £600 a year worse off, says Age UK
The Silver RPI has been designed to reflect the spending patterns of over 55s and has under those over 55 have experienced price rises at almost two per cent above that suggested by headline RPI figures.
5. South West Green Party is calling for an end to the public subsidy of private education
The Green Party says that millions of pounds of tax payers’ money is being spent subsidising the pensions of teachers at England’s most expensive public schools
- Giving blood still needed in all tiers - December 31, 2020
- Pop-up choir a blessing at Northam church’s Covid-safe Christmas Eve service - December 30, 2020
- Meet Bobby and Dizzy the donkeys at Springfield farm’s Christmas event - December 16, 2020