1. Making a statistical case for the Kingskerswell bypass (thisissouthdevon)
The business case for the Kingskerswell bypass is being put forward by organisations including the Torbay Development Agency.
2. Council writes off over £90k of unpaid parking tickets for foreign drivers (thisisplymouth)
Plymouth City Council is writting off two year’s worth of parking tickets, totaling more than £90,000, because it can’t trace the foreign registered cars.
3. ‘Safari’ plan for town centre – model giraffes and lions to boost shopping appeal (thisissouthdevon)
Models of animals from Paignton Zoo could be peppered around Paignton to promote both the town and the zoo.
4. New fears raised over plans for £20million services complex (thisissouthdevon)
Trago Mills and Sibelco UK Ltd threaten to lock horns over plans for new service station complex at Drumbridges, Newton Abbot
5. ‘Shambolic’ handling of plan angers group (thisisnorthdevon)
Campaigners against a windfarm plan at Meddon are so angry at the way Torridge District Council has dealt with the plan that lodged an official complaint.
A hamster was found among the donated items at Barnstaple’s CLIC Sargent.
7. Rocker turned teacher is going back on tour (thisisnorthdevon)
A Petroc lecturer will sample his life before teaching as he regions his old band Big Country for a tour.
8. Gloomy forecast for Weatherworld plans near Exeter (thisisexeter)
Plans for Devon’s answer to the Eden Project, a £50 million weather and climate park called Weatherworld have been scaled back
9. Bellerophon anchors at Plymouth’s Big Screen (BBC Devon)
Plymouth’s Big Screen will be home to an image of the painting of the Napoleon on the Bellerophon in Plymouth Sounds in 1815, painted by Jules Girardet
10. Torbay Council chief executive suggests post cut (BBC Devon)
Torbay’s chief executive Elizabeth Reikes has suggested cutting her own role to save money.