Our ArtsCulture site covers, unsurprisingly, art and culture, and with a focus on the South West. Here are seven stories that you might have missed.
1. Get crafty and animated at the Thelma Hulbert Gallery for Animated Exeter
The Thelma Hulbert Gallery has joined forces with Animated Exeter for an unusual, entertaining exhibition which promises to unravel the boundaries between craft and animation.
2. pop_up in Totnes for creatives and social media users
pop_up, the informal meet ups for creatives and social media users to get together and chat about work rest and play has become a monthly occurrence.
3. Peter Randall-Page and David Nash in charity auction for CCANW
An auction, organised by Exeter arts and ecology charity Centre for Contemporary Art and the Natural World (CCANW), will feature work by Peter Randall-Page and David Nash, and all proceeds will go to charity to support CCANW’s educational work with schools and disadvantaged groups.
4. Creative development agency ArtsMatrix relaunched at Plymouth College of Art
ArtsMatrix, the professional skills and enterprise development agency for the arts and creative industries in the South West had its re-launch party this week at Plymouth College of Art.
5. Exhibition of the week: New Territories, Devon Guild of Craftsmen
The New Territories exhibition features the work of recently voted-in members of the Devon Guild of Craftsmen and helps to further blur the lines between art and craft.
6. Middle England’s declining social skills examined in Cul De Sac at The Bike Shed Theatre, Exeter
In a quiet cul-de-sac in the middle of Middle England, three couples are about to find out that their lives mean little in the grand scheme of the universe, in Cul De Sac, a brand new darkly comic thriller by Script Slam winning playwright Neil Bebber, at Exeter’s The Bike Shed Theatre, from Tuesday, February 1 to Saturday February 12.
7. Harbour House call for artists to explore Open Space
Harbour House in Kingsbridge is challenging local artists to produce exciting new works of art exploring the concept of Open Space.
- Giving blood still needed in all tiers - December 31, 2020
- Pop-up choir a blessing at Northam church’s Covid-safe Christmas Eve service - December 30, 2020
- Meet Bobby and Dizzy the donkeys at Springfield farm’s Christmas event - December 16, 2020