A lot of uncertainty remains around travel plans, especially holidays abroad, but it hasn’t stopped people dreaming about where they want to visit. Pinterest is one place where these travel dreams are being shared, and Pinterest boards reveal plenty about people’s future travel plans and inspirations. Premier Inn has been checking out the boards.
‘Holiday’ or ‘vacation’
Premier Inn (which is open for business across its 800 UK hotels), has researched over 500 locations on Pinterest to reveal where in the world is getting Pinned the most for holiday inspiration. The number of boards created for different cities across the globe were analysed and those which mentioned ‘holiday’ or ‘vacation’, and were clearly travel-related, were counted to reveal which cities are causing the most wanderlust according to Pinterest.
Pins popular on Torquay‘s Pinterest boards include the English Riveria Wheel on the harbour, pretty pictures of the harbour at night, and of course Babbacombe Model Village. Salcombe’s Pinterest boards are filled with pins of the Winking Prawn restaurant, sailing pictures and walking Bolberry Down.
The steam railway and Cafe Alf Resco in Dartmouth fill the town’s holiday boards on Pinterest, whereas Woolacombe boards are brimming with picnic spot ideas and beach sunsets. Brixham holiday boards on Pinterest feature lots of images of the town’s pretty harbour as well as the quayside pub The Crown and Anchor.
Pins for Croyde holidays include surfing lessons and nearby attractions such as Combe Martin Wildlife and Dinosaur Park, whereas McCoy’s Arcade and Gandy Street are pinned by people thinking of an Exeter city break.
Dawlish’s sand dunes and Warren Beach are popular on the coastal town’s Pinterest boards, and top pins for Paignton include the famous zoo, the town’s pier and the Quaywest water park.
Photos of the River Dart, Sharpham Vineyard Estate and the Normal castle feature on Totnes’ holiday Pinterest boards, whereas Appledore boards boast the colourful houses and shops found in the narrow winding Irsha and Market Streets.
Most Popular Holiday Regions on Pinterest
- Cornwall with 988 holiday boards – The most pinned place in Cornwall is St. Ives
- Wales with 912 holiday boards – The most pinned place in Wales is Snowdonia
- Devon with 679 holiday boards – The most pinned place in Devon is Torquay
- Norfolk with 381 holiday boards – The most pinned place in Norfolk is Great Yarmouth
- Yorkshire with 364 holiday boards – The most pinned place in Yorkshire is Whitby
- Lake District with 275 holiday boards – The most pinned place in the Lake District is Ambleside
- Dorset with 231 holiday boards – The most pinned place in Dorset is Weymouth
- Cotswolds with 180 holiday boards
- Suffolk with 145 holiday boards – The most pinned place in Suffolk is Bury St. Edmunds
- Somerset with 137 holiday boards – The most pinned place in Somerset is Bath
A spokesperson from Premier Inn said: ‘We love finding out more about people’s travel interests, and Pinterest reveals so much, not just about where people want to visit around the world, but what they want to do when they get there. It’s fantastic to see people’s enthusiasm for travel is still strong. These travel boards highlight such a variety of cities across the globe that we know people can’t wait to start exploring again soon.’
The full breakdown of holiday destination boards on Pinterest can be found on the Premier Inn website here: https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/news/2020/city-breaks-on-pinterest.html
- Giving blood still needed in all tiers - December 31, 2020
- Pop-up choir a blessing at Northam church’s Covid-safe Christmas Eve service - December 30, 2020
- Meet Bobby and Dizzy the donkeys at Springfield farm’s Christmas event - December 16, 2020